In Hip Hop By Numbers, we take a look at the latest hip hop news and the numbers connected to them.
Here’s part two of our Hip Hop By Numbers series, a view of hip hop and the number that bind them together.
- 3,600,000 – (Roughly) the number of people who tuned in to VH1’s ‘Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood’, featuring a “storyline of two black men — both aspiring rappers — in a love relationship” [via]
- 11,530,769 – The number of times The Game’s “The Documentary 2” has been streamed so far [via]
- $1,870 – The weekly salary of Dr Dre’s housekeeper, who is currently suing him “over claims of bullying and harassment” [via]
- 15,000 – The number of students New York organisation “Windows Of Hip Hop” hopes to bring through its program using hip hop culture as an educational basis [via]
- $15,000 – The amount spent on Hillary Clinton’s campaign at Jay’s 40/40 Club on catering, food and beverages last month. [via]
- 3 – The number of tracks Gucci Mane has dropped (along with a fan letter) from jail [via]
- 60 – The number of songs Blackalicious recorded for their comeback album, “IMANI Vol. 1” before knocking it down to 16 [via]
- 9 – The number of ordained monks that are part of Hoodie Monks, “a group of Buddhist Monks, MC’s, DJs, B-Boys and Street Artists dedicated to sharing Buddhist thought and practice through hip hop culture” [via]