Akai release their latest sampler, the MPC Touch.
MIDI controllers, drum machines and samplers (most combine the technology of all three) are constantly evolving and now Akai have upped the ante with the MPC Touch. The Japanese company have implemented a 7″ multi-touchscreen to their “music production center”, adding the capability to drag and chop samples and alter waveforms like never before. But they haven’t done away with the old favourites; the Touch still comes with 16 velocity-senstive pads and a step sequencer with a touch UI.
You’ll be able to buy an MPC Touch for £499 from November so make sure to leave some room on your list for Santa/Amazon. Peep the full spec and PC/Mac requirements below.
- 7″ color multi-touch Display
- 16 velocity-sensitive thick, fat MPC pads with RGB backlighting
- 2-in/2-out audio interface
- Step Sequencer with touch interface
- XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
- Pad Mixer for setting levels, stereo panning and adding VST effects
- Sample Edit control, for trimming, chopping and processing your samples
- 4 new, performance-ready touch-sensitive controls
- Data Encoder knob, for push-and-twist control of display parameters
- Includes MPC software and over 20,000 sounds
- 2 GB free disk space for basic installation, 20 GB free disk space for full content installation
- 4 GB Ram (8 GB recommended)
- Dual-Core processor, 2.5 GHz or better
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.8.5 or later/Windows: Windows 7 or later